Discount Real Estate Agent in Columbus, Indiana
If you are looking for top rated real estate agents for a real estate transaction in Columbus, Indiana, contact White Stag Realty. Our office has handled hundreds of real estate transactions and has over 200 five star Google Reviews. Our office believes that coupling superior service with better pricing is the pathway to success. If you want to find out why so many Hoosiers have made the switch to White Stag Realty, call our office at 317-965-4849 to learn more or click here to visit our home page or here to contact our office on the web.
The State of the market and market trends in Columbus, Indiana
The Columbus, Indiana real estate market is currently a seller’s market, meaning that there are more buyers than sellers. This is due to a number of factors, including:
- Low inventory: The inventory of homes for sale in Columbus is currently low, which is driving up prices.
- Strong demand: Demand for homes in Columbus is strong, due to a number of factors, including the city’s strong economy and its reputation as a great place to live.
- Rising interest rates: Rising interest rates are making it more expensive to buy a home, but they are also making it more difficult for sellers to refinance their mortgages. This is leading to fewer homes on the market.
As a result of these factors, home prices in Columbus are rising. In August 2023, the median home price in Columbus was $273,000, up 3.5% from the previous year. Homes are also selling quickly, with an average time on market of 11 days.
If you are considering buying a home in Columbus, it is important to be prepared for a competitive market. You should work with a qualified real estate agent who can help you find the right home for your needs and budget, and who can negotiate effectively on your behalf.
Home prices in Columbus have been steadily rising in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue in the near future. The median home price in Columbus in September 2023 was $272,000, up 2.9% from a year ago. Homes are also selling quickly, with an average of just 11 days on the market.
There are a few key factors that are driving the real estate market in Columbus. First, the city has a strong economy, with a number of major employers, including Cummins, Inc., Faurecia, and Raytheon Technologies. Second, the unemployment rate in Columbus is low, at just 2.7%. This means that there are a lot of people who are able to afford to buy homes. Finally, the inventory of homes for sale in Columbus is limited, which is driving up prices.
Despite the strong seller’s market, there are still some opportunities for buyers in Columbus. Buyers should be prepared to act quickly, however, as homes are selling quickly. Buyers should also be prepared to waive contingencies and offer over asking price in order to be competitive.
Here are some additional trends to keep in mind in the Columbus real estate market:
- Home prices are expected to continue to rise in the near future.
- Homes are selling quickly, with an average of just 11 days on the market.
- The inventory of homes for sale is limited.
- Buyers should be prepared to act quickly and offer over asking price in order to be competitive.
White Stag Realty provides top level service to residential sellers and buyers in Indiana to help our clients achieve their real estate goals while saving on commission!
For homeowners looking to sell, we offer discounted listing agent commission rates – as low as 1%! This means a homeowner can save THOUSANDS of dollars selling their home, retaining more of the equity from the property. In addition to our competitive rates, we provide full brokerage services for every transaction that match (and often exceed) the level of service provided by our competitors.
For clients looking to buy a home, White Stag agents find properties that meet specific search criteria, schedule and coordinate all showings, negotiate offers, request repairs noted from inspections, and get our clients to the closing table for their new home.
What makes White Stag Realty truly unique is that our agents are full-service realtors who represent our clients at a fraction of the cost of many of our competitors.
Many of our clients ask how we can provide full service real estate agents at such competitive rates. While commission rates are always negotiable, it is common for listing agents to charge a commission between 3 to 4%. These high commission rates were justified several decades ago. Buying or selling a home prior to the widespread usage of digital technology was indeed a slow process. For example, if a potential buyer wanted to see pictures of a home, the buyer’s agent had to coordinate with the seller’s agent to obtain physical photographs of the home from the seller’s agent, and then meet with the client in person merely to show the client actual pictures of the property. Similarly, if a client wanted to see a home in person, the buyer’s agent had to schedule the showing by phone, drive to the seller’s agent, get a key for the home from the seller’s agent, drive to the home, conduct the showing, and then drive back to the seller’s agent to return the key. Advances in technology, that we now take for granted, have significantly streamlined the process of buying or selling a home. These technological advances include automated syndication of MIBOR MLS listings to other real estate websites including Trulia and Zillow, bluetooth-enabled sentrilock lockboxes, and digital scheduling of showings. The process for buying or selling a home has become streamlined over the past few decades through the use of technology. Unfortunately, the monetary savings realtors have experienced have not been passed on to the public. The high commission rates seen in today’s market take advantage of trusting consumers. White Stag Realty was created to pass these savings on to our clients.
Whether you plan on acting in the near future, or are just looking ahead, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call. We look forward to hearing from you.
There are many reasons why it is important to use a real estate agent in Columbus, Indiana for a real estate transaction. Here are a few of the most important:
- Local knowledge: Real estate agents in Columbus have a deep understanding of the local housing market, including current trends, pricing, and inventory. This can be invaluable to buyers and sellers alike, as it can help them make informed decisions about their transaction.
- Expertise: Real estate agents are experts in the real estate process, from start to finish. They can help buyers find the right home for their needs and budget, and they can help sellers market and sell their home quickly and for a great price.
- Negotiation skills: Real estate agents are skilled negotiators who can represent their clients’ interests throughout the transaction process. This is especially important in a competitive market, where buyers and sellers need to be able to negotiate effectively in order to get a great deal.
- Convenience: Real estate agents can take care of all the details of a real estate transaction, from scheduling showings to negotiating contracts to closing the deal. This can save buyers and sellers a lot of time and stress.
Geographic areas of Columbus, Indiana
Columbus, Indiana is a city in Bartholomew County, Indiana. It is the county seat and the fourth-largest city in the state, with a population of over 47,500 people. Columbus is located in the south-central part of Indiana, about 40 miles south of Indianapolis.
The city of Columbus is divided into six neighborhoods:
- Downtown: The downtown neighborhood is the heart of Columbus, and it is home to many of the city’s businesses, attractions, and government offices.
- East Columbus: The East Columbus neighborhood is a residential area located on the east side of the city.
- North Columbus: The North Columbus neighborhood is a residential area located on the north side of the city.
- South Columbus: The South Columbus neighborhood is a residential area located on the south side of the city.
- West Columbus: The West Columbus neighborhood is a residential area located on the west side of the city.
- Northeast Columbus: The Northeast Columbus neighborhood is a residential area located on the northeast side of the city.
In addition to the six neighborhoods, Columbus is also home to a number of unincorporated communities, including:
- Edinburgh: Edinburgh is a small town located about 10 miles north of Columbus.
- Hope: Hope is a small town located about 10 miles south of Columbus.
- Petersville: Petersville is a small town located about 5 miles east of Columbus.
- Taylorsville: Taylorsville is a small town located about 5 miles west of Columbus.
Here are some additional tips for working with a real estate agent:
- Be clear about your needs and budget. When you first meet with your real estate agent, be sure to communicate your needs and budget clearly. This will help them find the right home for you or market your home to the right buyers.
- Be responsive and communicative. It is important to be responsive and communicative with your real estate agent throughout the real estate process. This will help ensure that the process is as smooth and efficient as possible.
- Trust your agent. Your real estate agent is there to represent your interests and help you get a great deal. Trust their expertise and advice.
Here are some additional tips for buying a home in a seller’s market:
- Be pre-approved for a mortgage. This will show sellers that you are a serious buyer and that you are qualified to purchase a home.
- Be flexible with your search criteria. You may need to be willing to compromise on some of your criteria, such as the size of the home, the location, or the price, in order to find a home that you can afford.
- Be prepared to act quickly. Homes are selling quickly in Columbus, so it is important to be prepared to make an offer on a home as soon as you find one that you like.
If you are considering selling a home in Columbus, now is a great time to do so. Home prices are rising and demand is strong. You can expect to sell your home quickly and for a good price.
Here are some tips for selling a home in a seller’s market:
- Price your home competitively. You want to price your home high enough to get a great price, but you also don’t want to price it so high that it scares away buyers.
- Make your home show-ready. This means decluttering, cleaning, and making any necessary repairs. You may also want to consider staging your home to make it more appealing to buyers.
- Market your home effectively. Work with a qualified real estate agent who can develop a marketing plan for your home and get it in front of as many potential buyers as possible.
For additional information, click any of the following links: